August 9th, 2012
I should be being responsible, cleaning up a the least, doing laundry, editing. So, of course, I’m blogging instead. But I can’t focus on serious stuff, not even erotica. I started poking around my site stats. And then I started making top ten lists, and they entertained me. So now I am going to share them with you, and maybe even make up a few top tens that are amusing to someone other than myself.
Top Ten Search Terms of All Time
- perverted imp – 39 searches
- art or porn – 28 searches (plus 13 more for artorporn)
- complete shibari – 23 searches (plus 20 more for complete shibari stars)
- nipple clamps – 18 searches
- forced orgasms – 14 searches
- humiliation play – 11 searches
- clothespin zipper – 11 searches
- consensual feminization – 10 searches
- pain slut – 10 searches
- perverted orgasm – 10 searches
I get some pretty ridiculous search terms leading to my blog some days, but these all seem pretty reasonable. I do miss those clothespin zippers.
Then I went looking at the tags I use, and being amused by the number of posts with love as a tag, that became my second list.
Top Ten Tags of All Time
- love – 69 posts
- pain – 56 posts
- communication – 44 posts
- rope -39 posts
- control – 39 posts
- gratitude – 36 posts
- bondage – 33 posts
- kneeling – 33 posts
- suspension – 30 posts
- sex – 27 posts
I think that’s a pretty fair assessment of this blog and my journey.
And of course, it being a blog, we have the posts. Most of the top ten are due to e[lust] digests, but that’s what networking is for.
Top Ten Viewed Posts of All Time
- Special Request – 897 views
- Tied Up and Tossed in a Corner – 659 views
- What I Like and Why – 406 views
- Connection Intimacy & Trust – 396 views
- Negotiation Win – 372 views
- I’m a Bootlicker and That’s Okay – 218 views
- Day One – Define Your Kinky Self – 118 views
- Art or Porn? – 64 views
- Day Four Early Experiences – 53 views
- Day Five – First Experience – 53 views
And in honor of the class last night on negotiation, where we learned that hearing what we want read aloud makes it less scary to ask, because most of our desires are held by other people, too.
Perverted Imp’s Top Ten Masturbatory Fantasies (in current order of frequency)
- Naughty school girl gets spanked and gives sexual favors in return (often starting with boyfriend, then being caught by teacher (and then principal) and the cycle repeated)
- Licking and kissing his boots, and his leather pants and his chest…
- Sorority girl serves at fraternity party, and is used as entertainment by the brothers, usually spankings and blow jobs
- Being entranced by a vampire at a night club/bar and taken to his country home and bitten and turned
- Kidnapped off the street into a van, bound, gagged, photographed and forced to perform sexual acts for the camera
- Caught coming out of the shower by a burglar, threatened with a knife and raped
- Being a Brooklyn newsie dating Spot Conlon, who gets into fights, he then drags her off to punish her, followed by make-up sex
- Pretending to be the queen in 300, offering herself up to be used to save her husband
- Being trained and sold as a sex slave to a wealthy noble
- Kidnapped in a foreign country/war zone and interrogated and tortured by masked men
October 7th, 2010
Blogging, writing, screaming to be noticed – silently. Watching the numbers on the stats graph rise and fall, seeing them fall more often than rise. What am I doing this for? Who and I doing this for? Why? Every Thursday I spend hours staring at the screen, wondering what to write about, wondering how it will be taken, if anyone will even read it, will even care. Last week someone asked to reblog a post I made and I was shocked, especially given the topic. Today I’m at a loss, after spending the afternoon rambling at him over a variety of topics, none of which is “fit to print,” as they say.
I wonder about this blog, this weekly posting on a random topic. A lot of the books I read on blogging suggested posting every day, at least a few times every day, if you really wanted to have a successful blog. I have a hard time getting one post written a week, I couldn’t imagine posting every few hours. Isn’t that what Twitter is for? Let’s not even go into how I don’t even begin to use Twitter correctly. I’m not a social person, an introvert trying to join the social network.
And I’ve got this blog in two different places, splitting my audience between a WordPress sponsored blog and my personal website. It isn’t much of a site really: the blog, a bio and a couple of pictures, but I like the theme better, and some day, maybe I’ll have a book to promote or I might review products in the sidebar. Technically, I’ll have a book to promote come November. The first of my flash fiction pieces is due out the first installment of a year long anthology on October 31st if all goes as planned. They’re looking at publishing three months worth at a time, instead of it all at once.
So what do those social people talk about, those ones who blog all the time, or use twitter correctly? Their lives, details and stories taken directly every day from what they are doing currently or did last night. Sharing far more in depth than a shy anonymous blogger like me would consider safe. Safe? I share a lot of details, and while I say this is anonymous, people who know me could probably figure it out, and I have shared it with people I trust. But to share more, would feel like an invasion of privacy, and not just theirs, but mine as well. I don’t have enough to say to the public at large to fill a blog every day. I hardly ever update my non-kinky Facebook status more than once a week.
I’m not sure why I’m sharing this strange and non-kink related ramble with you, my dear readers, other than to say it’s been a scrambled kind of day. I want to share with you more often, but I don’t know if that’s possible. Though I feel that after this post, I owe you at least one over the weekend, if not a handful of tweets as well.
Let me leave you with these thoughts. Winter is coming, I need stockings and a warm coat. It’s hard being sexy when your teeth are chattering. And no one in his right mind is going to offer his cock to distract and warm you if it looks like you’re going to bite it off involuntarily.